15 January 2009

Beat the Blues method 1

I'll be honest. I have, for the past few nights going to bed feeling great, but getting up in the morning feeling a little blue and lost. Perhaps an old part of me is trying to get me balanced (the old way) again.

The blues are coming, I can feel it. But it helps when I listen to the recordings. They serve as a pick-me-up and a reminder to be mindful.

Looking closer at the phenomenon of blues, it could be chemical, and related to what we eat. To go a step further, there is a belief that food holds the energy of the persons who prepared and handled it. That's why people pray over and give thanks for their food. Prayer can change the residual energy left behind by handlers.

I wasn't about to go on a fast or start investigating who did what and who made what I ate. Well, that may help, but prayer's definitely a more elegant solution.

Anyway...

I went out for a swim. It was cold, and the water sent chills through my body. But I thoroughly enjoyed it. I remember, as I swam, feeling so thankful that the pool was peaceful - no screaming children and enough lanes for private space.

The rest of the day was superb! Exercise gets the blood movin', it just make me feel so good, refreshed and satisfied!

So! Beat the blues method 1 - Exercise!

No comments:

Post a Comment